Which of these companies do you or would you like to work for?
- a family-owned company
- a multinational company
- your own company (be self-employed)
Can you name a company in each of these business sectors? Is there one
that you would like to work for?
• Telecommunications/Media • Banking and finance • Food and drink
• Engineering • Transport • Retailing
• Pharmaceuticals/Chemicals • Manufacturing • Another service industry
• Construction • IT /Electronics • Tourism
2- Complete the chart on the next page with the information in the box below.
3- Complete the sentences below with the words and phrases in the box.
4- listen to the CEO reading from the company report and and compete the paragraph.
Now talk in the same way about your own company or one you know well. Which other companies in your country are doing well I not doing well at the moment?
1- What sort of presentations have you given? How did you feel?
2- Listen to the beginning of a presentation by Robert Pullin, Director of Human Resources at DCV Fashions, and answer these questions.
1 What is the main aim of the presenter?
2 What kind of audience is he probably addressing?
2- Number the following sentences.
Choose one of these topics.
• Think about your company or a company you know. Study the Useful languagebox below, and use the headings in the chart in Exercise E to help you prepare apresentation about it.
• Use the facts provided on page 133 to make a presentation about Moda InternationalFashion Group (MI FG).
Work in pairs. Make your presentation and answer your partner's questions.Your audience is a group of young people from a fashion college.