are used to compare differences between two objects . (bigger, taller, slower
Look at the following pattern : Noun + verb + Short adjective +er + than + noun .
For Words that end in a vowel + consonant
- My man is taller than me.
- My shoes are smaller than yours.
- The turtle is slower than the rabbit.
Double the last consonant and add –er
Big ====> Bigger
Thin ====> Thinner
Hot ====> Hotter For Words that end in consonant + y
Remove -y and add -ier
Easy ====> Easier
Busy ====> Busier
For Words with 3+ syllables (long adjectives )
Add “more” before the adjective:
Expensive ======> more expensive
Popular ======> more popular
Interesting ======> more interesting
• An iPhone 14 Pro Max is more expensive than a iPhone 12 .
• Shakira is more popular than my friend Silvia.
• Watching a film is more interesting than studying math.
Adjectives with Irregular Comparatives
Good ====> Better
Far ====> Farther
Bad ====> Worse
1- 1- Look at the pictures and write the comparative (older / more interesting etc.). Follow the example below
3- Complete the sentences. Use a comparative.