Use the present simple for things that happen regularly or things that are generally true.
I / you / we / they work
he / she / it works
• I work in a bank.
• He works at the university.
• We work every day.
• My sister works at the hospital
For verbs that end in consonant + –y, we remove the –y and add –ies:
• I study English at school.
• Dana studies English at school.
• Bill studys English at school
Other verbs like this include: cry, try, fly, carry
Special Case 2
For verbs that end in -o, -sh, -s, -ss, -ch, -x, we add -es.
• They go to English class on Wednesday.
• She goes to cooking class on Saturday.
• She gos to cooking class on Saturday.
Other verbs like this include: watch, kiss, teach, fix
1-Complete the sentences with the Present Simple of the verbs in parentheses.
2- Complete the sentences with the Present Simple of the verbs from the list below.